Graham Jones has a page describing how to set up BEAST2 development in IntelliJ. We will update the below to reflect it in the near future.
Setting up a beast2 project in Intellij
The source code can be cloned from Github using ’git clone https://github.com/CompEvol/beast2.git and set up as a project in Intellij, named beast2.
- Menu: File => Import Project.. (NOT New Project…)
- Choose the “beast2” folder where the source code is cloned, and click “OK”
- Keep the default setting “Create project from existing sources” and click “Next”
- Accept name, location, and click “Next”
- Accept source folders, and click “Next”
- Accept libraries, and click “Next”
- Accept module structure, and click “Next”
- Accept JDK (> 1.6), and click “Next”
- click “Finish”
- Menu: Build => Make project
Setting up an add-on in Intellij
This assumes that Beast2 source code is cloned and set up as a project in Intellij, named beast2.
To set up a new Add-on to Beast 2 in Intellij
- Create new project
- Import Beast 2 as follows:
- Add dependency on Beast 2 as follows: